Up to Level 51
Focus on +INT, +Magic Attack Bonus/Elemental Magic, +HP/Defense/VIT, +MP, and -Spell Interruption *in that order*! +HMP is in a group of its own because all you need to do is use an equip macro for it while you rest, so you can get as much as you want without worrying about gimping your spells.
- More INT means less resists and more damage. Enemy resists are some of the main things that will get you killed if you’re not careful.
- There are numerous items which boost INT in this level range, you can use sites such as FFXIAH to find gear that fits your budget/level.
- The available MAB gear in this level range is:
- /Republic Circlet (lvl34 +3/5MAB In areas under own nation’s control) (lv47 +5MAB) (lvl50 +10MAB latent: see item page for details)
- The only + Elemental Magic gear in this level range is Elemental Earring (or Wizard’s Earring if you are some other Mage job with Black Mage set to support job).
(Whether or not there is a cap to -spell interruption, I do not know, so it’s probably better off going with +INT wands. Not to mention you’re trying to focus on not getting hit at ALL, so only get spell interruption reduction when necessary.)
- is also important, but should not be made priority. Due to the low HP of the enemies, you will almost never completely run out of MP during a fight. In fact, even on multiple resists, I always had quite a bit of MP left. Focus on increasing your maximum MP when you can’t get INT, or HP/Defense/VIT. is very important because you will be casting your most powerful single-target spells each fight, and they take up a ount of MP. It’s good to be able to have at least the MP you had before the fight took place, before the next fight happens. It should be noted that you only need this gear while you’re resting, so save it for an equip macro.
- At level 24 you will be able to use Reraise https://yourloansllc.com/payday-loans-vt/ Earrings. While they do cost a penny or two, they can save you hours of work.
Definitely consider them. An alternative would be to purchase a Scroll of Instant Reraise with conquest points, use it immediately, purchase another, then go out on a leveling spree. Something else to consider is the FoV Reraise effects as well as the Refresh options.
After Level 51
Focus on +Magic Attack Bonus, +INT/Elemental Magic, +MP, *in that order* +HMP is still just as (if not more) important than at previous levels. Though, be sure to only start stacking MAB once you are sure you aren’t getting a lot of resistance. Until then, you are best off focusing on either elemental magic or INT, with the prior taking priority over the latter.
and -Spell Interruption are no longer needed because most of the time you will be 1-shotting pets. Getting your MP back as quickly as possible is important so that you can keep chains going.
- If you have sky access and are able to get this is by far the best food out there 7 to int and 7 to hMP.
- Pies: They give extra INT and MP, especially good for Galkas and Elvaans.
- Cookies: Add to HMP. Also, Cinna-Cookies give you the Vermin Killer job trait, which could come in handy when fighting Bees and Flies. : these give INT, MP, HMP, +Evasion and more. They are usually very cheap at the AH, 3-5K per stack and its high quality counterpart are a great choice as well. I’ve noticed many black mages around 67+ using marron glace, which isn’t a bad choice, but the cherry muffins are stackable, also boost MP based on percentage, and give an intelligence boost that the Marron Glace does not. : Gives INT+7. which is the largest INT boost of any realistic food. Readily available, stacks to 12, last 30 min. is yet another nice food for higher lv BLMs. 6 INT, 2 hMP, 12% MP (Cap: base MP), and lasts for three hours. It’s also a bit expensive, so I recommend using it if you’re going to solo for 3+ hours.